Job Description Summary:
Responsible for testing a feature and or a small feature set with ability to work independently, break down problems and estimate time for quality related tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Break down problems and estimate time required for quality related tasks
• Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
• Apply various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
• Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
• Begin to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
• Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
• Implement and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff
• Implement system-level integration testing
• Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
• Define quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns, and provides deep expertise on the coding
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
A minimum of 4 years of professional experience
Experience on QA tools like Selenium, JMeter, Load Runner, Silk Test, QTP(UFT), Test Complete, Watir, Cucumber etc.
Hands on experience on JAVA or C++ or C# and Web technologies are desirable, able to write API test frameworks.
Expertise in building new automation frameworks and understanding the existing frameworks
Writes effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified, and tests remain valid when code is refactored.
Prior experience on Proficy products is desirable
Demonstrates increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas.